Life Group Questions
Talk about it:
Ice Breaker: What is the one thing you would do if money wasn’t a problem?
What are some things you wish you were saving for?
Read and discuss the following passages (what do the passages say and how should we respond) Matthew 6:19-21, Matthew 6:24 Colossians 3:23, Proverbs 21:20, Proverbs 6:6-8, Proverbs 22:7 and, Proverbs 24:3-4.
1. If you lost your income this week, how long do you think you could make it on what you have?
2. Why do you think it’s so hard to save and invest?
3. Do you have any ideas or tips that have made saving and investing more doable for you?
4. Does anyone have an investment success or horror story? What did you learn?
5. What kind of non-financial investments are you seeing dividends from?
6. What could your life look like in 30 years if you start saving and investing more now? What if you don’t?
7-What are the strongest barriers keeping you from either saving or investing more? What can you do right away to make some progress?
Close by praying for your group and be BOLD. Ask Jesus to breakthrough in each others finances.
God, You’ve been so generous with us. Will You give us the discipline and wisdom to become caretakers of Your resources so that they can be used to accomplish Your work in our world? Amen.