Life Group Questions
Escape the empty life with a method for the generous life
1. Giving first aligns us with the Lord and limits our love of money.
2. Discern the difference between hoarding and storing.
Live with gratefulness for good things from your work
- Does anyone in the group actually have a life hack they learned that has made life easier? Does anyone have an example of something they learned they were doing wrong for a long time?
- What areas of work or money have been frustrations over your life? How are you doing with ordering your priorities of GIVE-SAVE-LIVE?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:8-10. What kind of things
temptpeople toward greed and selfishness? Are these influences inevitable or do you think you can remove them from life?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:11-12. What do you think this looks like in our contemporary life?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:13-16. How can you discern when you or someone else is developing more of a hoarding mindset as opposed to a wise mindset of storing for emergency and future needs?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:18-20. How can we (think of actual practices) develop a “glad-hearted” enjoyment of the resources God has given us by His blessing of our efforts? What is the alternative life like according to these verses?
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-11. Each person
shareone step they can take to sowgenerosity in greater measure and pray for each other.